Thursday, April 12, 2012

The one thing I wanted to avoid...

                                                            Easter Morning 29 weeks

Well I have officially been put on modified bed rest.  This means no house work, no driving and no working (except from home).  Pretty much the only thing that I can do is take care of Logan (luckily he is so independent that all I need to do is make sure he's fed during the day and that's it) and myself.  Ryan has been so awesome about all this and gets mad at me if I get up for anything.  We want to make sure I cook this baby for a while longer.  I'm only 29 weeks along after all. 

Why am I being put on modified bed rest?  Last Sunday (Easter Sunday) I thought I was experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions.  After a while they decided to become more regular and about every 2 minutes apart.  Ryan took me to laber and delivery at IMC and they confirmed in fact I was contracting.  At first they thought I was just dehydrated and once I got some fluid in me, the contractions would go away.  Well that wasn't the case.  They had to give me some medication to stop the contractions.  Luckily that worked.  It was quite a scary thing thinking that we might be delivering a baby at 29 weeks.  And I thought Logan was early at 35 weeks!

I just have to keep reminding myself to SSSLLLOOOWWW down and let others take care of things for me (which is hard for a very independent person to do).  Again I don't know what I would do without my husband.  He has been so good to me and he is such a loving and caring person.  I would be lost without him.

No comments: